I found some recipe boxes at (Michaels) for $1 and just went and refurbished them with some papers from K&Company. On this box I roughed it up with sandpaper and antiqued it with Tim Holtz inking pads adding some simple embellishments and you have a pretty little Recipe box for a gift perhaps for yourself.
- The recipe card is from Kate's Kitchen cartridge ( to make them fit a recipe box set the inches to 4.3) then I added the sleigh ride cut from Christmas cards seasonal cartridge, using Tim Holtz ink dyes to color the image. Now for my favorite cookie of all times is a Spritz cookie (made with a cookie press) I'm including the recipe for all of you to enjoy.
3/4 C Sugar
1tsp Lemon extract
2 1/4 C Flour (sifted)
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking powder
- Cream shortening till soft
- Add sugar till light and fluffy
- Add egg, lemon extract and beat
- Mix flour, salt and baking powder together in a bowl then add it to batter in 3 segments, beat well each time.
- Chill sough 10 min
- Pack into cookie gun
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes
1/4 C Butter (softened)
2 C Powdered sugar
1 tsp Almond extract
3 Tlbs Heavy cream
Mix together and add coloring if desired
I put mine into a pastry bag and use a leaf tip or tip #70 and then I sprinkle with Wiltons edible glitter
|This recipe box is covered with papers from Cricut Imagines Kate's Kitchen|